Perhaps we bring our own biases and perceptions to selection when it
comes to comic books: most studies suggest that comic books in school
libraries actually encourage reading [beyond comic books] rather than
hinder it.

Ken Haycock
School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
The University of British Columbia
831-1956 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z1
Voice: 604-822-4991  Fax: 604-822-6006
Internet: haycock@unixg.ubc.ca

                Preparing Professionals to Exercise Leadership in
                Planning, Implementing and Promoting the
                Preservation, Organization and Effective Use of
                Society's Recorded Information and Ideas