Park West HS (sl05411@llwnet.ll.pbs.org) wrote:
: Chris Dewar (cdewar@MINET.GOV.MB.CA) wrote:
: : Dear Netters:
: : Does anyone know the title and/or first line of the poem recited at the
: : funeral in the film FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL?  The poet is H. W.
: : Auden.  Please post any clues or the answer to me directly.  Thanks.
: : Christine Dewar
: : cdewar@minet.gov.mb.ca
: Christine, Since you are not the only one to ask, I will answer publicly
: (and directly). We had so many queries on this, I finally put it in the
: Library newsletter.
:       Song: Stop all the clocks
:               Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
:               Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
:               Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
:               Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

: It does go on, but I'll leave you the fun of searching it now that you have
: the beginning.
:       jan christenson, park west h.s.

LM_NET Archive Home