]\[ews to me and perhaps for you  -=0=- F Y I -=0=-  as per attached

Wade.
-----------------

From:           FRANK H POTTER@G6HQTRS@MCAS CHERRY PT
Subject:        INTERNET VIRUS ALERT!
Date:           Wednesday, May 25, 1994  7:31:08 EDT

A Virus has been discovered on Internet that is disguised as CD-ROM shareware.

Unknown hackers have illegally put the Chinon name on a destructive
shareware file and released it on the Internet. This catastrophic virus
is named "CD-IT". -- DO NOT DOWNLOAD. IT WILL CORRUPT YOUR HARD DRIVE.
The program, allegedly a shareware PC utility that will convert an
ordinary CD-ROM drive into a CD-Recordable (CD-R) device, which is
technically impossible, instead destroys critical system files on a
user's hard drive. The program also immediately crashes the CPU, forces
the user to reboot and stays in memory.

Widest dissemination is requested.

LM_NET Archive Home