Hello friends,

        We in Manitoba, are in the midst of a full advocacy campaign.  We
are targeting many people at many levels.  But of course, advocacy starts
at home.  Please send me short ideas about what you do within the school
to let THEM know that you exist, and how you remind them that you are
indispensible.

        Such ideas would be :
- Make sure you are on the agenda for the staff meetings.  Announce a new
initiative each time.
- Publish a list of new acquisitions
- Give notes to teachers about new titles that would be of particular
interest to them
- Arrange authors visits
- Put a blurb in the schools newsletter to parents about something special
that happened in the library.

        Now that I have started the list, please help me by contributing
short items to it.  Post me directly and I will later post a HIT.  Please
mention what level your school is, and your position.

Thank you for all your help,
Michelle Larose-Kuzenko
Sun Valley Elementary
Winnipeg, Manitoba