One of the counselors at my school has asked me to research a reference
to what he thinks is a children's book. "What is ZUZU's PETALS?"

Reference is included in the caption of one of Gary Larson's cartoons
(picturing a fellow showing off his collection of mounted flowers to
another man):  "And here's the jewel of my collection, purchased for
a king's ransom from a one-eyed man in Istanbul. . . I give you
ZUZU'S PETALS".

One hint suggested that ZUZU's Petals was the title
or part of the title of a children's book/story.  I have searched CBIP
and picked the brains of some fellow library folks.  Ya'll are my
best hope!!

--
Diane Claus-Smith
North Salem High School Librarian