Sandra and the Group,

I like the idea of filing the catalogs alphabetically -- that's what I
did at middle school.  To keep some sort of chronological order, I
usually had the new catalogs (dated with date received) slipped into the
file on the left so I knew that the farther right in each section that I
looked, the catalogs were older.  This filing system was in a metal cabinet
that had vertical dividers about every 2 or 3 inches.  When they became too
full to add more, I simply pulled from the "end" (or right side) and tossed
those.  The cabinet was there when I took the job, so I don't know where
it was purchased.

However, I am looking for a way to file catalogs according to content.
Someone mentioned a computer filing system so they could be cross
referenced.  I may try that in combination with the alphabeticall filing.

Betty
                            bhamilt@tenet.edu
Betty Hamilton, LRS             .----.
Brownfield High School LMC      |    |                Home:
701 Cub Drive, North        ____|*    ~~~~~~.         911 East Oak St.
Brownfield, Texas  79316    \               |         Brownfield, TX 79316
(806) 637-4523               \_/\        . /          (806) 637-4213
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home