Thank you for your MANY responses!  About 48 of the 50 or so responses I
received were requests to share the stories.  What follows are the three or
so actual jokes received:
Teachers and students should not be concerned with handing the librarian
research requests.  Searching for the information can be just like looking
for a needle in a haystack... and there is nothing that a librarian likes
better than a roll in the hay!
        This actually happened...two librarians were reviewing the latest
acquisitions of videodiscs.  One said to the other, "We ordered the National
Gallery of Art, Wetlands...and four players."  The other librarian asked,
"Foreplayers?  What's that about?!?!?!?!?!"
        A patron asks why the Tales of Robin Hood have been banned from the
library and the librarian replies, "Too much Saxon violence."
        What do librarians do when they get together?
        They talk Dewey.
I have a cartoon from the "Big Book of American Humor" by Novak.  A man is
at the counter in a bookstore and he says, "I want a book on chutzpah and I
want you to buy it for me.
That's all folks!  Have a great summer and THANKS again!
Paula Liss Southampton HS (sn07791@llwnet.ll.pbs.org) wrote:
: A librarian in my district is retiring in a couple of weeks.  We're putting
: together a special album to give her as a remembrance.  If you have any
: jokes, anecdotes, and/or riddles to offer, I bet she'd get a laugh out of
: some good stories after all these years of teaching.
:       Thanks for your help with this.  You may reply here, or simply
: e-mail your response to me at:

:               sn07791@llwnet.ll.pbs.org

: --
: Paula Liss, Librarian         e-mail: sn07791@llwnet.ll.pbs.org
: Southampton High School                       vox: (516)283-6800 x 268
: 141 Narrow Lane                                       fax: (516)283-1905
--
Paula Liss, Librarian           e-mail: sn07791@llwnet.ll.pbs.org
Southampton High School                 vox: (516)283-6800 x 268
141 Narrow Lane                                 fax: (516)283-1905

LM_NET Archive Home