I have set up an alphabetical  file for my catalogs, using the hanging
folders, but using a different color for type of catalog. Since the tabs can
be placed wherever you want on the hanging folders, I lined up the book tabs
(green) on the right side, centered AV tabs (yellow) in the middle, and put
computer/tech tabs (blue) on the left. I am a great believer in using
color-coding whenever and wherever possible!!! This system works well, as
long as you have the time to do the filing. I try to date catalogs whenever
they arrive, also. With this system, a parent or student can file for you
once the system is set up as you have already made the decisions on what you
want to keep.

Barb Baker
John Campbell Elementary School
Selah, WA