I don't have the answers to Gail's questions, but the posting reminded me
of something I wanted to post.  We have the CD-ROM version of Sirs in all
of our high schools & everyone loves it.  In the spring I learned that
Sirs is developing a jr. high/middle school product.  I was really
excited until I discovered that the first version would be for a MAC
standalone.  I tried to convince a "voice" on the 800 number that most
libraries could not afford to subscribe to a product that costly which
could only be accessed from one station.  She said a networkable, DOS
version was planned for "later."  Does anyone have more current info on
this?  If you are going to ALA, please see what you can find out from the
SIRS people.  Thanks

Julie A. Walker                         District Media Center
Director, Library & Media Services      13401 Pond Springs Rd.
Round Rock ISD                          Austin, TX  78729
jawalker@tenet.edu                      512-331-6697/512-331-1811 (FAX)

LM_NET Archive Home