One of my "favorites" is the social studies teacher who sends 80+ eighth
graders to the library to research Indian tribes; s/he hasn't found out which
tribes we have enough or none-at-all information on and is pleased that
"no tribe has more than 3 students looking it up at a time."  That's when
I do my "Libraries are global" speech and encourage students to use one of
the other "global branches" if there's not enough in our small school
library!  Meanwhile, I order more books about Native Americans!  Pat Moore

LM_NET Archive Home