We have a county librarian's association which includes all the
schools, the public libraries, the college library and the bookmobile.
 We are in the process of writing an LSCA grant for funds to provide
retrospective conversion for all these libraries--the first step in
providing online access to all the collections.  If you've had any
experience with this, please send me comments or answer the questions
below at my private e-mail address.  Thanks in advance!

What experience have you had with sending away card catalogs?
What experience have you had with hiring someone to come in and do
retrospective conversion--professionals or temporary help?
About how much time should the process take per 1000 volumes?
Any other advice?  Favorite vendors?

Julia Robinson
Cobre High School
Bayard, N@technet.nm.org