I'm posting this in several places.  We have a teacher who teaches Y.A.
literature for one semester.  Her students switch at the half year with
science.  Science dept is wanting to increase their class to a year long
course.  This would leave literature out all together.  In this lit
class, students read 5 (or more) books of their choosing and present
booktalks and projects.  Its an amazing class with many many students
actually reading and then talking about books (and authors) with each
other.  Students don't get much of the literature in their English
classes since the reading done there is mostly used to facilitate the
writing process.  I'd hate to let this class go.  Do any of you have
words to help us with this one?   Do any of you have classess like this
in your school?  Thanks!  Connie

Connie Williams, Librarian
Kenilworth Jr. High  998 E. Washington St  Petaluma, CA 94952
e-mail: cowilli@eis.calstate.edu   phone 707-778-4710

LM_NET Archive Home