We are establishing a library at a new and very small
private school (total enrollment now 36, projected fall
enrollment around 60), grades K - 8.  We would like to
put library records on a computer and have a library
catalog program, but we don't really know where to
start.  We have Macintosh computers, all running system
7.  We are also interested in cataloging (sp?) media
materials, such as videotapes, items in the "vertical
file", and even computer programs.

The questions:  Is there good software to do this?  How
much does it cost?  Where can we contact possible software
suppliers?  Can kids be trained to help with this [we are
aiming for high responsibility for the students]?

Thanks for any pointers.
Laura Walsh, Curriculum Commission Chair
Countryside School, Champaign, Illinois
(lwalsh@nemo.life.uiuc.edu)

LM_NET Archive Home