In my school, the classroom library consists primarily of books
borrowed by the teacher from the media center (library).  Teachers
may borrow library books for the entire school year if they choose,
although we encourage them to replenish and rejuvenate the
collections mid-year.  Other teachers who need a particular book at
a particular time borrow from the classroom holding it.  Some books,
particularly paperbacks, are purchased by the classrooms, usually as
book club bonuses.
Linda Greengrass
Bank Street College Library

LM_NET Archive Home