I am requesting help on identifying excellent titles on puberty, growing
up, etc. for K-6 students.  My principal does not wish to have any in the
collection.  When i pointed out to him that no titles exist for our
students in this area he informed me that (1) the state had to approve
all such titles and (2) our district libraries do not have such
books...and he doesn't wish to become a test case.  I contacted the state
Department of Public Instruction as well as the other elem. schools in
our district.  Both statements made by him are false.  Thus, I will
submit an order to him but would like to make sure that the books i
select are top-notch.  i have prepared a prelim list using Wilson's
Children's Catalog and Brodart's ELC.  I would appreciate any help you
all might be albe to give.  Thanks very much.

Susan Evans, librarian         (sevans@strauss.udel.edu)
W.B. Simpson Elementary
Old North Road
Camden, DE 19934