I talked with Carol Diehl from Wisconsin, who recorded the C-Span Debate on
Title II of ESEA which included the School Library Media Act language and
the Technology language.  Carol said that it passed with a voice vote.  We
will show the video tape at ALA at Miami Beach.

We are only one-fourth of the way there (If the House Passes the entire ESEA
Bill).

ALL USA MEMBERS OF LMNET NEED TO MAKE IMPASSIONED PLEAS WITH THEIR SENATORS
TO BECOME COSPONSORS OF S. 266 "THE ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
MEDIA ACT". IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FAXED THEM, WRITTEN LETTERS AND/OR MADE
PHONE CALLS AND THEY HAVE RESPONDED WITH A NONCOMITTAL LETTER, THEN ORGANZIE
GROUPS OF PARENTS, STUDENTS AND TEACHERS TO HELP CONVINCE THEM! ! !
************************* _________***********************************
| Tom Hart              <__    _ * \ -  /      Tom Hart               |
| <hart@lis.fsu.edu>       \--/  \     |       2610 Mayfair Rd.       |
| Professor, School of Lib        |     \      Tallahassee, FL 32303  |
| and Info Studies,               /      |     Home (904) 385-7550    |
| Florida State University,       |      /                            |
| Tallahassee, FL 32306-2048       \     |                            |   |
| Office Phone: 904/644-8122        \   /                             |
| Fax 904/644-9763                   \ /                              |
Internet:  hart@lis.fsu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home