Hi, Judith!  The title you're looking for is Elephant Seal Island by
Evelyn S. Shaw.  Harper & Row, 1978.  ISBN 0-06-0256036.  We have several
copies in the Spring Branch School District, so I'm sure you can find it
somewhere in California.  Good luck!

Jyl Chickowski
Supervisor, Library Processing
Spring Branch ISD
Houston, Texas
jwolf@tenet.edu

On Sat, 5 Mar 1994, Judith A. Matthew wrote:

> Dear LM_NETTERS - I have a patron who is looking for a young adult
> fiction book which is about Ano Nuevo Beach --north of Santa Cruz,
> California and the breeding grounds for elephant seals.  Patron thinks
> the book was published in the 1970s.  Any help is appreciated.
>         Thanks.     Judy Matthew
>

> ********Judith A. Matthew      Amador Valley High School Library********
> *       510-846-2818  x72            1155 Santa Rita Road              *
> *       Fax  510-462-6333            Pleasanton, Ca. 94566             *
> *        jumatth@ctp.org                                               *
> *                       "Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures" *

LM_NET Archive Home