Hello Sheila & others,

Sorry to be posting this to the whole group but I have had trouble getting
through to the SBALTZELL@desire.wright.edu address.

I contacted our AP English instructor about your March 4th AP lit. query.
She says that she has had great success with teaching Their Eyes Were
Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.  The Florida setting of the novel and
the realistic characters appeal to the students.  This book began showing
up on the AP English exam "open" questions a few years ago.  She only does
limited work with a few of the other authors you mentioned.

Hope this is helpful,
Leah Goolsby

LEAH GOOLSBY, Librarian/TV Production         ^'^          /|\
Crestview High School, 1304 N. Ferdon Blvd.               / | \     ^'^
Crestview, FL  32536       904-689-7194                  /  |  \
FIRN:goolsbl Internet:goolsbl@mail.firn.edu ,,,,,,,,,,,,\SSSSSSS/,,,,,,,,

LM_NET Archive Home