Thanks to a suggestion from Jeff Moreton of the Garfield Magnet School in
Southern California, yesterday I made three very successful internet
demonstrations for high school staffs in my area.
        Jeff mentioned in a message last week that often "real time"
internet demonstrations are beset with problems from busy signals to
"connection refused by the host" messages.  The audience can lose
interest and the presenter is stressed.
        Jeff suggested using a program called "DemoMaker v1.50".  This
allows you dial up at your leisure and "capture internet screens" showing
the diversity and wealth of telecommunications --such as e-mail, gopher
jewels, ftp sites, etc.  At the presentation you need a computer, LCD
panel, and overhead projector and then can easily show the "screens" of
your internet travels.
        At my demonstrations I spoke for 10 minutes and then ran the
program of "screens" explaining what they were and then we had time at
the end for interested teachers to apply for accounts with our state's
educational network.
        It worked well for me.  Thanks Jeff.        Judy
PS I have registered my copy.

********Judith A. Matthew      Amador Valley High School Library********
*       510-846-2818  x72            1155 Santa Rita Road              *
*       Fax  510-462-6333            Pleasanton, Ca. 94566             *
*        jumatth@ctp.org                                               *
*                       "Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures" *

LM_NET Archive Home