Technology for a Christian School Library.

I am volunteering at a Christian school library (pre-K thru 12) while in the
graduate program at the University of North Texas.  The LMS has been fighting
valiantly to bring the library into the technological age we all know is out
there.  So far she has a 286, a 386, and Follett software.  At this point she
is at a loss on how to proceed in order to have at least two computers for
student library use with CD-Rom capabilities.  She would appreciate any
advice from the voices of experience on the internet concerning effective,
economical hardware and software choices as well as the most reliable
selection aids for CD-Rom materials, especially reference.  If there are
selection aids with a Christian viewpoint, she would greatly appreciate this
information too.  If you wish to recommend any specific CD-Rom reference
materials, please do.

LM_NET has proven to me just how caring and cooperative librarians are.  So
many requests for assistance have been answered with such valuable
information.  In a few days I will post a Hit-> compilation of this advice
back to the entire LM_NET.  Thank you so much for your help.

JoAnn Redwine
bredwine@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home