When I came to the junior high which I have now been in for the last 23
years over 1/3 of the school was in study hall at any given moment.  The
results for the library were terrible and for my health!!  It meant that
every period I had 35 students in the library with nothing to do except to
escape from study hall.  All of my time was taken up in supervising
students with nothing to do.  Games, magazine reading, homework, listening
to records were the order of the day.

Our principal worked hard to convince the school committee to hire more
teachers and we able to get rid of study halls.  I would *NEVER* want to
educational purpose for students.

carolan@ids.net
LM_NET IS A JOY!

LM_NET Archive Home