Well, I'm not sure how much class rank relates to potential for success in
college.  As you probably know,however, SAT scores certainly do not
predict success in college.  In fact, they do not know what SAT scores are
all about.  What we are looking at are not predictors, but selectors.  We
use such things as GPA and SAT to sort and select OUT.  So why not give
something else a try?

On Thu, 24 Mar 1994, Ruth Spiaggi wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 1994, Diane Culbertson wrote:
>
> > Help.  My principal has asked for research on abolishing class rank in the s
 en
> > or high school.  Have any of you had any experience with this?  Is there an
 ad
> > inistrative list_serv for high school administrators where I could ask this?
> >
>  I'm confused.  why would your principal want to delete or abolish the
> class rank?  Isn't this used in college acceptance? Scholarchips etc. ask
> for this information, do they not?  Is this coming from confidentiality
> of records?  Will we be able to keep records of any kind?  Next it will
> be GPA's. Will we enter college on a equal basis?  He who pays can go,
> nevermind if he has the potential?

LM_NET Archive Home