Here is one idea for National Library Week (or National Library Media
Month): Our library media center is hosting a Pajama Party Read-In one
evening from 7:00 - 8:30. We have invited county and school district
officials to read to groups of students and parents. Here is the schedule:
7:00 Arrival
7:10 1st story reading session
7:30 2nd story reading session
7:50 Parents and children (in pajamas and with sleeping bags, etc.) read
together in library
8:10 Cookie social in hallway
8:30 Bedtime (at home!)

Each guest reader will read his/her story two times. Their commitment is
only for 45 minutes. Library volunteers and faculty will bring homemade
cookies. It should be fun!

* Barbara A. Jansen          Live Oak Elementary     *
* Librarian                  8607 Anderson Mill Road *
* Round Rock I.S.D.          Austin, TX  78729-4706  *
* bjansen@tenet.edu          512/331-0996            *