We are in the process of planning for a WAN CD-ROM equipped bulletin
board system for our county schools and need some assistance. If anyone
has had experience with a WAN using PcBoard or some other form of BBS
software, and CD-ROM products in a WAN environment please respond.

1. What CD programs are you using and what are you doing about the
   licensing issues?

2. How are you handling the distribution of communication software to
   students and staff?

3. Do you have the BBS hooked into a LAN and the kids can call out from
   the schools?

4. What other problems have you run into that we should look out for
   before starting down this path?

Our plans are to connect 30+ schools (elementary and secondary) into a
WAN that will allow our smaller schools to have access to the more
expensive full text CDs that are available in our county.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Paul Swan
Teacher/Librarian
Medway High School
Arva, Ontario. Canada