Over the past year I have had several requests for book lists of
fictional titles which feature a female main character who is a strong
 positive role model. I would like the list to be in two levels-
books for grades 4-6 and books for grades 7-12.  If you have recommendations
please send them to me directly and I will compile a a list and post it to
lm_net later.  We are also trying to set up enriching reading for our 4-6
grades which is free from gender bias.  Thanks very much for your time.
                   Melinda Miller-Widrick
                   Colton-Pierrepont Central School
                   Colton, NY  13625
                   mmiller3@albneric.bitnet