I was forwarding some of my sent mail and found a typo on recent posting
sent 4/30.  RE:  gophering to envirolink.org
        correction is >> menu item 12 Internet and It's Services

( there is a menu item for USENET on envirolink.org  access was
denied -- it may require that you get registered with the net first --
but it would appear on the surface you have to be on campus for that--
there is some good stuff to be had on ALL GOPHER SERVERS OF THE WORLD--
if you will do some poking around -- the list of 'classic' books is
very good --even the Wizard of OZ and a lot of Twain --Plato, too

I did note their 'correct' time is not my correct time -- also you
can find a lot of govt stuff by gophering around there and  you
might want to look into item 9 on the menu > Internet services --
there is where you will find > federal info exchng)

I could not get the IRC to engage.  It too may take registration.  I did
register and will post results on getting through to USENETnews and IRC.
--since there are those of us who operate under a 'shell' and do not
have 'full' net range.   later.

Wade Grimes                  voice > 314 898 5553
Social Studies Dept Chair      fax > 314 898 3140
Audio Visual Dir CATV 18  internet > wgrimes1@services.dese.state.mo.us
H L Purdin High School
Elsberry, Missouri 63343 0106        A R S > WA0MHP

                  No president has been punished undeservedly --
                        character matters.  And ideas have consequences.

LM_NET Archive Home