In message <9405032329.AA21230@boombox.micro.umn.edu> D'Anne Easton writes:
(regarding suggested reference materials)
> thesaurus

I've long lamented the demise of the thesaurus.  Two years
ago I tried to find a good old Roget's Thesaurus only to find out
they merely print a synonym dictionary now.  Everyone is producing
synonym dictionaries now and calling them (mistakenly!)
"Thesaurus in dictionary format".  Yuck!  They aren't nearly as
useful as a REAL thesaurus.

Anyone else out there sharing this lament?  Better yet, does anyone
know where to get a real thesaurus anymore?

Stephen E. Collins   http://www.micro.umn.edu/SEC.html
University of Minnesota      sec@boombox.micro.umn.edu
Distributed Computing Services          (612) 625-1300

"It's easy to come up with new ideas; the hard part is letting
go of what will soon be out-of-date."  -Roger von Oech

LM_NET Archive Home