Hi Sandra,

Info finder is GREAT. Networks very easily with NO problems. I have an
early version of Compton's. Anything with video WILL NOT network unless
you have one CD for each station that might access it. And that defeats
the purpose of networking.

Windows on networks is a little iffy, too. Best way to set it up is with
hard drives on each workstation. Since Encarta requires Windows and is
multimedia we have stayed away from it. I'm sure compton's would pose the
same problems.
Gloria McClanahan               Librarian
McNeil High School              Round Rock ISD
Austin Texas                    mcclan@tenet.edu

On Wed, 4 May 1994, Sandra L. Parks wrote:

> I need information on the following CD-ROM Encyclopedias :
>
>         Information Finder
>         Compton's
>         Encarta
>
> Does anyone have these networked? Any problems loading or
> installing? How about video on a network, particularly with
> Encarta? Any recommendations? I had ordered Groliers'
> Multimedia Encyclopedia Network version, but they are having
> software problems with the MS_DOS version and may or may not be
>  able to get it to me before my central office seizes the funds
>  intended to purchase
> it.
>
> Thanks -- I'll post responses.
>
> Sandy Parks