Good question.  I tend to buy the more traditional books in hardcover, the books
I think are good literature and will last. I will often have a paperback copy or
so of these if they are really popular.The popular books, like the My Teacher is
an Alien type, I tend to buy in paperback, sometimes several copies at once.
Sometimes I end up buying a popular in book in hardcover.  It's kind of a iffy
proposition.  I have not bought the Goosebumps but do have the Scary stories
books.  There seems to be a fine line that some see and others cross or maybe
isnt there.  With book prices so high, I find paperback books a way to get the
kids what they like without spending a a fortune.  There are also kids who would
rather take out a paperback than a hardcover.  I know I would rather have a
paperback lost/not returned than a hardcover.

Janet Rawdon
Rawdonj@a1.mec.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home