Newsgroups: schl.sig.lmnet
From: sn14421@llwnet.ll.pbs.org (Barbara Gottlock)
Subject: Re: TARGET-> student/faculty reaction to automation
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 23:21:49 GMT

Hi Barbara,

    Our library has recently gotten a CD Rom network.  It has several
problems.  The person who set it up didn't make menus that are to great.  On
two of the work stations students can actually get into the hard drive of
the file server.
    When the computer start up the computer says that there is an error in
the config.sys  (That isn't good, either!!)  I plan on taking a course in
networks because we need someone in the school who can straighten out the
mess.
   We have also started bar coding and I would like to get an automation
program running so the books that are bar coded can be entered into the
system.
   We have alot of work yet to do.

--
Barbara Gottlock
Clarkstown South High School & Felix Festa Junior High School

LM_NET Archive Home