Hello.  I am a library student at the University of New York at Buffalo.
I have been lurking for about a month, as part of a class.  I would
like some advice on preparing myself for the field.  Are there any
additional courses or particular strengths that schools are looking
for--things I can do now, to stand out from the crowd?  Is there anything
you wish you would have known while still in the study program?
        Any advice you can give would be most appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Lynne McHale
University at Buffalo
v119pyl4@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu