Reposted from another list.
Please respond directly to Bill Erbes <berbes@darkstar.rsa.lib.il.us>

>From ednet@nic.umass.edu Sun May 1 12:49:26 1994
Date: Sun, 1 May 1994 12:49:42 -0400
From: Bill Erbes <berbes@darkstar.rsa.lib.il.us>
Subject: AASL National Conference - HELP!!!!!

And now I have turned my attention to the Seventh National Conference of
the American Association of School Librarians, "Shape the Vision."  The
conference will be held in Indianaplis, at the Indiana Convention Center,
from November 9-13, 1994.  Keynote speakers include Susan Kovalik and
Allan November.
My job is to try and prepare an internet track for the conference - no,
not a series of meetings about the internet - but a way to attend the
conference over the net, without going to Indianapolis.  I am excited
with this prospect and I think it has great potential!  I have lots of
ideas on how to do it, and what I need to do now is to refine these ideas
and actually come up with a plan of action.
And I'm looking for help!
I am looking first of all for more ideas on ways the internet could be
used to allow attendance at a national conference from home.  If any of
you have done such a thing, or thought about such a thing - I'd sure like
to hear from you.  No idea is too outrageous.  We're kind of breaking new
ground here, and I'm ready to try anything!  Also, the conference
committee is very excited about this and they, too, are willing to try
just about anything!
I'm also looking for help as in, "I volunteer."  I need people to help
both from home and at the Indianapolis site.  From homes/schools around
the country, I need to recruit folks who would serve as Cracker Barrel
discussion leaders using the IRC.  Those attending the conference via the
net will have a list of Cracker Barrel topics and all of the pertinenet
details of their discussion on IRC.  I need people to moderate those
discussions.  I also am VERY MUCH in search of topics for these Cracker
Barrels.  If you have a special interest - a topic you would like to
introduce - and you would be willing to serve as a moderator - I'd sure
like to hear from you!!!
And I need people in Indianapolis to assist with activities needed there
to make this work.  And as yet I cannot define those activites.  But if
you're planning to attend the Indianapolis conference and would like to
get involved in something new, fun, and exciting - I'd sure like to hear
from you, too!!!
And, again, ANY ideas would be most welcome!!!!!!!
I would like to get together a core group of interested folks - no
commitment right now - just an expression of interest - and begin to
communicate with them in more detail about all of this.
If this sounds like something you'd like to get involved in, please let
me know!  I think responding to my private e-mail would be best.  Once we
get things together a bit more, we will of course share this project with
everyone.  I am Bill Erbes at    berbes@darkstar.rsa.lib.il.us
Thank you all!  I think this promises to be a most exciting and
innovative project, and I look forward to hearing from many of you!

LM_NET Archive Home