Nancy Morgan has posted her call for student ethics agreements to LMNET,
in which I was cited.  Please, send your documents to the addresses she
provided, as this is an issue that seems to be warming up as more students
gain access.

I would like to add one tiny spin, that Nancy didn't mention, but could be
important to our enterprise.  It has to do with students protecting
themselves from unwanted or dangerous intruders.  There has been  a fair
amount of public press about Internet stalkers, luring innocent student
users to provide their real phone numbers or residential addresses, then
following up, with a face to face visit.  As far as I know this is VERY
RARE, but possible.

This kind of intrusion gets principals and superintendents knickers in
knots, banning ALL access to the net for kids, which isn't just.  If any
of you have documents that address student confidentiality on the net,
post them to Nancy as well.

I have shared our agreement with several LMNET and KIDSPHERE correspondents
over the months, and look forward to the collection that results @AskEric.
Rita Kaikow in particular is compiling some sort of article on the topic which
should be very useful.

Cheers,
Bill
BHanson@cbe.ab.ca
I Post, Therefore I Am.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ --->stolen sig line from somebody.

LM_NET Archive Home