Rating system:    Q= quality rating  5=excellent    4=good
                  I=interest level, expressed as grade level
                  R= reading level, expressed as grade level

Turner, Robyn  *Faith Ringgold: Portrait of women artists for children* Little
     Q=4   I=4-8   R=4
Jacobs, Shannon K.  *The boy who loved morning*  Little Brown
     Q=5-   I=k-4  R=4    Amer.Indian legend
Steptoe, John  *Mufaro's beautiful daughters*  Morrow
  Q=4+  I=1-3  R=6    Large bk with study guide
Morris, Ann  *Bread bread bread*  Morrow
    Q=4  I=k-3  R=1   Large bk with study guide
Morris, Ann  *Hats hats hats*  Morrow
   Q=4  I=k-3  R=1
Jansson, Tove  *Moominpappa at sea*  Macmillan
  Q=4  I=3-5  R=4   reprint
Coman, carolyn  *Tell me everything*  Macmillan
  Q=4+  I=6-9  R=6.5  girl's mother dies
Whitcher, Susan  *Real mummies don't bleed*  Macmillan
  Q=4-  I=3-6  R=4   5 short stories
Brooks, Bruce  *Making sense:animal perception & communication*  Macmillan
  Q=4  I=Jr. high  R=10
Bjork, Christina  *The other Alice: Alice Liddel & Alice in wonderland*
   Macmillan   Q=5  I=4-12  R=6
Day, Alexandra  *Carl goes to day care*  Macmillan
  Q=4-  I=Prek-1
Yolen, Jane  *Here there be dragons*  HBJ
  Q=5  I=1-12  R=7  readaloud...collection of stories fm various pts of view
Hakim, Joy  *The first Americans*  Oxford
  Q=4  I=4up  R=7   series, history of U.S.
Oxford U. Pr.  *Science & technology*
   Q=4  I=4up  R=6-8
Ritchie, Donald A.  *Congress of the U.S.*   Oxford
  Q=4  I=6up  R=high
Oxford U. Pr.  *The living world*   Q=4  I=all  R=6
Bontemps, Arna  *Popo and Fifina*  Oxford
  Q=4  I=3-5  R=7
Hakim, Joy  *Making 13 colonies*  Oxford
  Q=4  I=4up  R=7
Hakim, Joy  *From colonies to country*  Oxford
  Q=4  I=4up  R=7
Parker, Steve  *Alarming animals*  Pen
  Q=4-  I=2-5  R=3-4
Miles, Calvin  *Calvin's Christmas  wish*  Pen
  Q=4  I=k-2  R=2
Feelings, Tom  *Soul looks back in wonder*  Pen
  Q=5  I=2-6  R=poetry  African Amer. --strength, beauty, passion
Shipton, Alyn  *Brass--exploring music*  Sterling
  Q=5  I=3-6  R=44-5
Shipton, Alyn  *Percussion*  Sterling
  Q=4  I=4-12  R=5
Shipton, Alyn  *Singing* Sterling  Q=4  I=3-6  R=4-5
Parker, Steve  *Beastly bugs*  Sterling  Q=4-  I=2-4  R=3-4
Carrick, carol  *Two very little sisters*  Clarion
   Q=4  I=k-4  R=2  biog. in pic bk form
Bunting, Eve  *Red fox running*   Clarion
     Q=5  I=1-5   verse
Carlson, Nancy  *Life is fun*  Pen
  Q=4  I=k-1  R=1    how to be happy and enjoy life
Muhlberger, Richard  *What makes a Degas a Degas?*  Pen
  Q=5-  I=5up  R=6
Muhlberger, Richard *What makes a Rembrandt a Rembrandt?*  Pen
   Q=5-  I=5up  R=6
Muhlberger, Richard  *What makes a Raphael a Raphael?*  Pen
   Q=4  I=7up  R=8
Muhlberger, Richard  *What makes a van Gogh a van Gogh?* Pen
  Q=4  I=5up  R=6
Muhlberger, Richard  *what makes a Breughel a Breughel?*  Pen
  Q=4  I=6up  R=7
Muhlberger, Richard  *what makes a Monet a Monet?*  Pen
  Q=5-  I=5up  R=8
Milne, A.A.  *Winnie the pooh's teatime cookbook*  Pen
    Q=4-  I=k-6  R=4
Antle, nancy  *Tough choices:story of the Vietnam war*  Pen
   Q=4  I=5-8  R=5
Hennessy, B.G.  *The first night*  Pen
  Q= 4  I=Prek-3  R=3
Waldherr, Kris  *Persephone and the pomegranate*  Pen
  Q=4   I=k-5  R=4

Cole, William,  *Have I got dogs!*  Pen   Q=4  I=k-3  R=verse
Falwell, Cathryn  *We have a baby*  Clarion   Q=4-  I=Prek  R=1

LM_NET Archive Home