Dear Netters,
        Our k-8 school is a whole language school
where most of the teachers have stopped using
textbooks.  The science teacher is looking for two
recommendations for next year's 6th and 7th grade
class.  She wants science books that are factual but
fun, books that can be read from cover to cover.  She
will be supplementing the material so these books need
not be comprehensive.  The first part of the semester,
space is studied, the science teacher is considering
Asimov's Guide to Earth & Space. Any other suggestions?
For the 2nd semester, earth science is studied (rocks,
minerals, etc).  We are at a loss to find a good book
for that.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Also it
would be better if the books are available in paperbook.
        Thank you in advance.

Marybeth Milcetich
St. Mary of the Mills School
Laurel, MD     marymilc@umd5.umd.edu