I couldn't resist putting in a plug for Precision One from Brodart.  We just
converted our aging sound filmstrips after severe weeding.  Our hit rate using
their update/AV disc was 95%.  EAV, Guidance Associates, Center for the
Humanities were all very well represented.  We even found a surprising number
of transparency sets from another publisher.  We have had somewhat less success
with videos, but I think that is more because of difficulties finding the right
*handle* for searchg.  What really surprised me about P-One was that after
Winnebago returned our original conversion, for which we had requested hits
only, we matched over two thirds of our no hits against Brodart's records.  It
is easy to use and we have been very pleased.
Kari Inglis/Bishop Watterson High School/99 E. Cooke Rd./Columbus OH 43214
kbw_inglis@mec.ohio.gov

LM_NET Archive Home