A third grade teacher is planning a unit on immigration using
Grandfather's Journey, Journey to America, and How many days to
America.  Does anyone have any other books to add to this list?

Also, I'd like to tie it in with Big 6 skills.  I've had a
workshop on it, but don't feel I have a really good handle on
it yet.  I was thinking along the lines of having the kids do
some research and write a diary as if they were immigrating to
America, telling how they came, where from, what they brought
with them, what it was like in their new home, school, etc.
I'd love to hear from any of you with ideas!

I'd be happy to post a hit if someone would tell me how to save
the responses to edit and post later on.

Kathy Lafferty
klaffert@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home