  The information I posted earlier about Newton was not the right stuff!
(Things change quick on the Internet). The older references gave a login
of COCOTEXT, but I just got into Newton and learned the latest and greatest!

Here's the scoop:

       1. You can either ftp or telnet to newton.dep.anl.gov
       2. Login the telnet access as:bbs  <enter key>
       3. Login the ftp site as:ftp <enter key>
       4. Full instructions are given for registering at the telnet site.
       5. BBS operator: Christopher Baker
       6. help address: help@newton.dep.anl.gov
       7. help phone: 708-252-8242

    I just got in and registered and it looks really neat. Full support
for teachers *AND* students on science and math topics. If my teaching field
was science or math I would be knocking on this Internet door on a
regular basis!

Have fun!

Russell Smith  rssmith@tenet.edu       Home Phone 915-235-1228
Technology Consultant                  Home Fax   915-235-0633
Region XIV Education Service Center    Work Phone 915-675-8600
Abilene, Texas 79601                   Work Fax   915-675-8659

LM_NET Archive Home