On Wed, 2 Nov 1994 ROWHALEY@UCS.INDIANA.EDU wrote:

> department's work.  Does anyone have an idea for a new title for the
> department?

Texas has used various terms -- I think the last "official" one was
"Learning Resources Center."  The only problem with that is people who do
not use the library are not aware of the name and think we are refering
to "Resource" rooms where we have had pull-out programs for learning
disabled students to go for special assistance -- and that's not a real
problem, just confusing.

I generally use LMC because it *does* include Library AND Media and LMC
is quick.  I noticed the other day as our superintendent visited that he
commented that the facility was becoming a true "Technlology Center," but
I don't think that's quite accurate either.  What about "Information Center"?

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home