This is a response to all who responded to Grammatical Query:
"Oh{ frabjous day, Calloo, C{allay," he chortled in his joy!{" I{ ask
a grammar question and get over a dozen responses. I was sure I was the only
teacher left in America that taught o{ld-fashioned grammar. {In the sentenc{e
We elected her president, "president" was described two ways in the
{{I {like that idea, but direct and indirect objects are also calle{d
"object compliments"{---how to make the difference{ clear to my students who
want "one-size-fits{-all{" answers? 2. "president" is the predicate noun
of an "invisible" infinitive phrase, telling "why elected"?
  I also found in the responses some interest in beginning a grammar
discussion group. If you are{ interested, please email directly to me at:
Western Christian High School{ {wchs@dordt.edu{{{

LM_NET Archive Home