I know my collection well enough that many times my teachers ask me for ideas
for theme units rather than access keywords in the catalogs because I know
the nuances of the books which are not put into the keywords. Also, many
times I can come up with an answer for/about  an author faster than they can
type in the requested info. I also try to meet as many authors as possible,
sharing stories and pictures with the staff and kids. No computer can do
that!

While I use lots of technology, I still believe in the power of books. That
is still my number one "push"

Barb Baker
John Campbell School
Selah, WA