We should be careful with this issue as there are benefits that can accrue.
Some time ago I had occassion to post to CDROMLAN list a query about
Digital's Infoserver 1000 Librarian multi user CDROM server.  I don't
subscribe to CDROMLAN.

I got 12, excellent responses from Australia, USA, Canada and a neighbouring
city.  In addition I received one private email response from a vendor, and
two telephone calls.  Vendors are part of our business and I see them in
a measured partnership with what is happening on the Network.  Some obviously
monitor what we are discussing, and as long as they remain in that measured
partnership, I like them on board.

BTW, as an occassional caller to EBSCO's help line for MAS, I suggested they
get with it and tune into LM-NET.  I don't know if they did, but at times
they and we could benefit from their presence.
-------
Another issue...I assumed the person who suggested we all not send messages
to LM-NET during some conference in the States, did so in jest.
Bill
BHanson@cbe.ab.ca

LM_NET Archive Home