Who among us has put together or helped with an "Invention
Convention"?  Or perhaps you called it something else.

Our eighth grade teachers are quite interested in developing
a vehicle for creative problem-solving, active participation,
and all the many other advantages to be found in an "Invention
Convention" or its counterpart.

If you have been involved in such an activity, please share
with us your expertise, ideas, snafus, successes.  We would
benefit greatly from your input.  Didn't a pair of librarians
discuss this very subject at an AASL convention some years ago?

I will be near my email "postbox" through Tuesday evening.  Then
it will go to "NOMAIL" until I return from Indy -- probably Monday
Nov. 14.  Please don't send your wonderful advice during the
time my "postbox" is closed down!  Thanks muchly.

Katharine Bruner                snailmail:Brown Middle School
email:brunnerk@ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu      5716 Highway 58
fax:  (615)344-1447                       Harrison TN 37341

P.S. If anyone else is interested in this subject, I'll be glad
to share what I learn.

LM_NET Archive Home