     Applause and cheers to the Illinois School Library Media Association for
the success of their fall conference held this past week in LIncolnshire.
 Lots of good programs, exhibits, and networking.
     One of the speakers was Mary Alice Anderson from Winona Middle School
(MN), who shared MANY WONDERFUL AND PRACTICAL ideas for developing and
managing a successful LM program that focuses on technology integration.  She
shared some of her strategies for staff development that many of us could
use.
     Our profession is changing so rapidly and these conferences are an
important way to learn and grow.  Many of the conference participants told me
they would see me next week in Indianapolis.  Obviously they are applying
Gail Dickinson's advice.
Marjorie Pappas
AASL Region III Director
MarjorieP@aol.com