I do an inventory because we have no security system and LOTS of
materials walk every year.  It gives me the data I need to request more
money for replacement materials -- I also know what I need to replace.

Of course, if we weren't automated I would hate it.  But we are, and
inventory is easy, relatively quick, and thorough. The portable scanner
is a wonderful invention!

Our barcodes are on the back of the book, upper right corner,
horizontal.  That way the fronts of the books are not affected,
yet scanning is easy -- tilt the
book forward with the right hand and swipe the barcode with the left.

You never know when you might be asked for an inventory ...

Anna Watkins
Paideia School
Atlanta, GA

LM_NET Archive Home