A parent is meeting with my principal on Tues. re: Robert Lawson's THREY
WERE STRONG AND GOOD. I only had mone copy of it so I can't really look
at it now--our copy was old and rather yucky looking(1962 according to SL
card--I don't know what the question is about. I am thinking that it
"slipped through the cracks " and may have something controversial?? in it??
I seem to remember a soldier on the cover with gun (like minuteman with
muscket??)I'm going to try to pick it up at the public library but my
first guess is that there probably is something wrong and that it should
havec been withdrawn years ago.I gave my principal the standard dictrict
form for reconsideration of a book systemwide- but I would feel smarter
if I knew --Do you all still have it in collections? why? why not?
thanks in advance to the best netters of  all

LM_NET Archive Home