On Thu, 10 Nov 1994, Lisa Walters wrote:

> As far as the accredited school - you are correct BUT my experience has
> been the non ALA accredited school was a much!!! better preparation for
> school librarianship than the ALA accredited school.  I'm sure it depends
> on the school focus but the ALA accredited I attended for Master's work
> was definitely geared to academic and public libraries.

Hi, Lisa!

I don't know about *better* particularly, but my non-ALA Master of
Science and Library Science leans very heavily toward educational media
and technology.  With one more 3-hour television course instead of
reference materials, I would have had a Master of Science in Educational
Media and TEchnology.

As it's turned out, the educational media and technology training have
enhanced the library courses.  I use ALL of it and wish I had more!

Personal:  Are you still in touch with some of our Washington colleagues?

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home