        We are doing in-house retrospective conversion, now working on
paperback fiction.  How do any of you handle the problem of having multiple
copies with various ISBN numbers?  Do you - a. download the corresponding
record for each ISBN number? or b. download one corresponding record for one
ISBN number and add copies to that even though they are not identical books?
We do not plan to add these records to our regional database holdings in WLN,
but could change our minds in the future.  We want to be accurate, but don't
like the idea of two to four separate records for one title.  Middle school
students need things simple when they finally can search on-line for titles.
Anxious to hear your opinions.  We used to have very brief records on our print
cards for paperback fiction and added subsequent copies without regard to
edition.  It worked very well.  We are a large school and have many multiple
copies.
        Priscilla Dolan
        Chief Joseph Middle School
        Bozeman, Montana     cjdola@hawks.bps.montana.edu