    Sandra,

    BTW how old is this social studies teacher?  Grandparents?  My youngest
    daughter is in the 8th grade.  I was sixteen when he was assassinated.
    Oh well, to respond to the request.
    I was a junior in high school.  The class bell had rung and I was at my
    locker when somebody shouted that Kennedy had been assassinated.
    Unfortunately, I thought it was a joke (and I was not particularly fond
    of him) and I yelled, GREAT!  I regret to this day, my response.  It
    was a terrible thing to say, regardlass of whether the message was true
    or not.  When I finally realized that is was true, I was terribly
    shocked and saddened.  It just was inconcievable that someone could do
    something like that in this great country of ours.  I felt like my
    world was being torn apart.  Until then, I lived in a peaceful place
    where the worst things that happened were minor traffic accidents.
    Today I feel that the assassination was the beginning of the
    uncontrollable violence that plagues us now.  I remember crying alot.
    That evening I had a date, but all the theaters were closed, most
    stores, amusements, almost everything closed.  It was on TV, radio,
    everywhere.  For three days, that was all you get.  It was depressing
    and wearing.

    Sincerely,
    Michelle Terry
    terry_m@HCCA.OHIO.GOV