Hi all,

I was a Freshmen in college in Joplin, Missouri.  My friends and I were
having lunch at the local hamburger joint when the news of the
assassination came on the radio.  The waitress told everyone in the
restaurant what had happened.

We were all in a state of disbelief and shock.  We went back to our
college and were told that all classes had been cancelled.  I went home
and remained glued to the tv for the next week.

I was in church (the Sunday after JFK's death) and the minister was
talking about the tragic event, when someone handed him a note.  He then
informed us of the shooting of Oswald.  So the topic at hand took on a
new twist.

It was all very unreal for awhile, as the nation dealt with collective
grief.

I would very much appreciate it if you would share your responses with
us.  We would all be very interested in reading the responses that you
receive!

Thanks,

Linda Ramsey <lramsey@bigcat.missouri.edu>
Centralia High School Library